REEL – Quality at the highest level
Certification to ISO 9001
REEL Reinheimer Elektronik GmbH consistently applies a quality management system according to ISO 9001: 2015 for the development, manufacture and distribution of electronic components and antennas for mobile and stationary applications. It forms the basis for continuous improvement processes and ensures full compliance with our product quality standards and customer requirements.
Founded in 2006, REEL-Plantec in Romania is also ISO 9001: 2015 certified and applieds a Quality Management System for the manufacture and assembly of electrical components, devices and cable assemblies.
Flammability of materials according to ECE-R 118
The ECE-R 118 is a directive which regulates the flammability of materials in passenger vehicles. As our antennas are used in most cases on the vehicle roof, the cable within the vehicle plays a crucial role. However, increasingly, antennas are installed in the vehicle that provide WLAN service for the passengers or ticket machines.
REEL has had new materials certified as ECE-R118.02. This means that the flame resistance of our roof-mount antennas 70 and 98 and the new 70 W, D and M are officially documented, so that the antennas can be installed in the interior of buses. These antenna housings get the number R118
Sealed IP protection
The IP protection classes characterize the suitability of electrical equipment for different environmental conditions. The first digit of the so-called. IP code defines the protection against dust, the second against water.
Our Roof antennas meet protection class IP69K:
- 6 = Dust proof
- 9K = Protection against water during high pressure / steam jet cleaning, specifically for road vehicles
Our window, desk and magnetic antennas meet the protection class IP67 and IP68:
- 6 = Dust proof
- 7 = protection against temporary immersion
- 8 = Protection against permanent immersion
The new types K98 (and M / N or K70XXD / W or M) will be certified by Q1 2017 to IP 69K.
All products by REEL are designed for a temperature range from -40 ° C to +85 ° C. This is the so-called industrial temperature range.
Only components and materials offering these or larger temperature ranges are selected during development to meet customer requirements. A temperature-stable amplifier is particularly important in navigation antennas for a stable system.
REACH and RoHS Compliance
REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) is the European Chemicals regulation on the registration, evaluation, authorization and restriction of chemicals, in force since 2007.
REEL confirms the REACH and RoHS compliance of all its products:
- REEL declaration of conformity with RoHS and REACH (PDF, 1,5 MB) *
* For security reasons, the original signatures were removed from the certificates. If desired, you can request these from us. Please use our contact form.
In 2012, we had TÜV SÜD perform extensive testing on almost all product combinations at that time. The test specifications included:
- Vibration test in accordance with ISO 16750-3:2006
- Shock test in accordance with IEC60068-2-27:2008
- Temperature test in accordance with IEC68-2-14Na:2009 und IECE69968-2-2:2007
- Temperature shock test in accordance with IEC68-2-14Na:2009
- Air-test in accordance with IEC68-2-30Db variant 2:2005
- Fluid resistance test in accordance with customer specifications
The 'E' marking is mandatory in motor vehicles for active antennas. With an examination and appropriate authorization, the certifying body declared the electrical conformity with the standards.
Unlike our passive antennas that do not affect transmission and reception signals, navigation antennas such as GPS, GLONASS and Galileo must have the necessary authorization for use in vehicles.
REEL has undergone the testing procedure in Luxembourg at Luxcontrol and the active GPS navigation units of the antennas - "PLANTEC GPS Glonass-Galileo high gain" and "PLANTEC GPS high gain" - feature the latest approval numbers E13 10R - 04 13377 and E13 10R - 04 13509 (GPS high gain).
- E13 Approval for planTEc-GPS-Glonass-Galileo high gain (PDF, 2,6 MB)
- E13 Approval for planTEc-GPS high gain (PDF, 2,3 MB)